"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Friday, April 25, 2008

Hi, my name is Jessica and I have a "Civ" addiction.

I love this game! I dream about this game...seriously...I play it in my sleep. Second to Zelda on the list of ancient games I love, it is already about 15 years old. It's a strategy computer game in which you build and maintain a civilization. You must build cities, keep the people happy by building temples and entertainers (among many other things), provide each city with infrastructure such as aqueducts, marketplaces, banks, etc., attempt to maintain peace among your people and with the sovereign counties with which you share the map. And, if necessary, wage war to expand your empire or in pure defense. Extremely antiquated, but thoroughly addictive. Gotta go, just typing about it makes me need a fix.

2 comments:

the higgins family said...

this is EXACTLY why i do not play video games of any kind. i would NEVER leave the computer or the TV or whatever. i have enough trouble as it is obsessively checking blogs.

Anonymous said...

Hands down the best strategy game outside of chess. Teaches critical thinking, prioritization, world affairs, economics, diplomacy, and logistics. I too have a Civ addiction.