"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Family Fun

A week ago today, Nik & I took the kids apple picking. It was a fun outing and, hopefully, one Ryan and Emilee (and Jeff) will remember forever.

Thanks for the memories, guys!






The next day, a Saturday, Ryan and I made his first pie ever. Apple, of course. He was very patient and really IN to it. Making a pie from scratch is no small or quick task, but he was with me from beginning to end. We had a lot of great conversation and the mood was relaxed and fun. Again, I hope he'll cherish the memory as much as I always will. Tristan, pie thief.

That Sunday, Rob, Ryan, Tristan and I headed to our beach to fly a kite. When we arrived, we found this (above)...NO BEACH to stand on! So, we went to our local park.







Paci face. The more I look at our photos, the more I realize Tristan's paci addiction...or, more to the point, mine.






#24 on my list: Fly a kite. It's not as easy as it sounds. I was so worried I'd crash it into the trees. Guess what...

Actually, I wasn't the one who did this. Thankfully, it was Rob. I would have never lived it down otherwise. He did manage to get it down, but this ate up most of our time at the park. Strangely, Rob and I had the most fun and laughs during this part of the day out. Thanks, Rob! It was a really great weekend!!!

9 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

That sounds like such a great weekend...the pictures are awesome...great post!

Indivero Family said...

So much fun. I love Tristan's hand trying to steal the pie. Next week you'll get to blog about getting your hair did ;)

denise, the honey crew said...

i have no words for making a homemade pie, did it taste as divine as it looks? and to do it with ryan....so much fun for him and fun for you to allow. i'm so anal when it comes to my kitchen. yes you heard me...my kitchen.

i found kite flying to be overrated. your scenary and kite and the sound of your experience seems far better than mine!!!

oh and apple picking!!!!!!! awesome! the only thing we can pick around here are acorns. :-(

the boys are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

terrific pics and story. Rob and you are really the best parents.

me, dummy said...

okay first of all, i'm beyond impressed by your pie. dang girl - it looks so FANCY. love the fingers in it too. that's an all too familiar sight.

i haven't flown a kite in years, but looking at your pics makes me want to go buy one. maybe i wil...

the higgins family said...

i have eaten one of jess's homemade apple pies and, yes, it is as good as it looks. mine had fancy crust shaped leaves all over the top. she's martha stewart in disguise.

it all looks like such fun! my fave pic is the pic of ryan and his pie. the look on his face is priceless and tristan's little hand coming up is fab!

good times!

The Giorgios said...

Betsy, bite your tongue! Martha Stewart? That statement will have my family falling over in uproarious laughter. You're so sweet, but don't you remember that my beautiful pie was watery? Anyway, this one was very good, I must confess.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun time.

i would love to taste one of your martha stewart apple pies, maybe with alittle hagen daz vanilla on the side.

on and i can't wait to see pics and stories of your hair when you get it done (i.e. nicole's comment)

Anonymous said...

The pie looks yummy, but the the Ryancake and Tristanpie look so much more delicious. Jessica, can I rent you for a week? the weekly menu and the baking are making me very envious.