"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At Random


Denise posts "10 Things" on her blog. I love it! Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? What can I say Denise? You're an inspiration! I'm going to call mine "At Random" which makes it TOTALLY different from 10 things and, also, nothing at all like 25 Random things on FB.
Here goes...

  • After so many years of sharing a shower with Rob, I've decided that men's razors are better then women's. Yes, Rob, I've used your razor...a lot. I finally bought myself a man razor and am loving it.
  • It drives me insane when someone without a child parks in "Customer with Child" parking.
  • On Good Friday I said to Ryan, "today is the day Christ was hung on the cross. Three days later, which will be Sunday, he rose from the dead." His reply, "Oh, because he didn't want to miss Easter?" My answer, "yes." Sometimes simple is better. We'll try again next year.
  • Is it more rude to correct someone who was rude to you? For example, when you yell, "you're welcome" to the person who failed to thank you for holding open the door? I think it might be.
  • Deep down I'm a slob who is trying hard to keep a clean house. This makes cleaning emotional torture and very different from someone who whistles while they work, happy to clean the dishes.
  • We really are done having children. Thank you to all who think we make such beautiful ones that we need to make more, but this is all we can handle.
  • Tristan is baffled by the fact that I do not have a penis. Everyone else in the house has one. EVERY TIME he sees me naked he points and questions, "Mommy no penis?" He adores his, so I can only imagine that, to him, my lacking this important play thing in nothing short of a tragedy.
  • Old milk in a sippy cup that's been missing for days VS peed in pull-ups that have been hidden on shelves, in drawers or under beds...also for days? You decide which is worse.
  • While entertaining Tristan with my phone recently, I showed him this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OT_kw48rI4 Now he has to watch it several times a day. He says, "I see baby waughing!" When it's over he says, "again baby waughing." He LOVES it! I confess, I do too.
  • When I was growing up, my TV options overseas were very limited. I watched A LOT of old shows like Dobie Gillis, Bewitched, Hazel...you get the idea. I know all the words to the Mr. Ed theme song and have to sing it once a day to Ryan.

6 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

that IS a great video!

here is what a friend of mine posted on her FB status yesterday:
"(her)4-yr-old asked recently, "is Jesus frozen up on that 'T' just like Jabba the Hut froze Han Solo?"...hehe wavelengths of kids.

those are some funny randoms,Jess.

Indivero Family said...

I actually got in an argument with an old man when I was pregnant. I asked when he was due (parked in the expectant mother spot)? I told him that I didn't steal his handicapped parking (several spots were available) so don't steal mine. JERK!

I always yell you're welcome to people I hold the door for and I get even more angry when I don't get "the wave" from drivers I let go ahead of me in traffic. RUDE!

Pop Pop Giorgio said...

Ryan asks good questions. I'll bet Jesus enjoyed the comment about missing Easter!
Sorry to all the nuns who were mean to me as a child, but I love this stuff.

me, dummy said...

old milk sippy cups are worse...because of the globs of reconstituted former milk that smell like hell. but i also have found peed in pull-ups in the closet floor that have been there who knows how long, and it's also quite unpleasant. seriously...we do live parallel lives.

Uncoo Michoo said...

First off.... If you want the BEST shave you will EVER have, male of female...listen to someone who takes this very very seriously.... Get the new Gillette Mach 3 Turbo blades (the ones with the blue band at the bottom of the blade (like buddah' ) THEN get LUSH cosmetics brand shave cream (meant for men, but women can def. use) there are 3 kinds depending on skin types. These two combined products will make you addicted to shaving. Like glass....close, smooth, moist...PERFECT! The shave cream can be substituted for Jack Black's Shaving Lube.....also molto excellent....Lush is my favorite, but Jack B can be found easier...

As far as hidden peed in pull ups...I LOVE that!!! It is SO inherited from someone who shall be nameless who ALSO used to hide soiled underwear so he wouldn't get the wooden spoon from mommy! This nuisances do not matter, as Ryan is special and full of magic.

And Tristan is a walking buttery bundle of cuteness and deliciousness.

denise, the honey crew said...

i might need to move to NJ for the "customer with child" parking!!!

i love love love that youtube video!

old milk was lost in our car for a very long time. it was one of few reasons we had to get a new car.