"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Friday, May 22, 2009

Remembrance and Thanks



You know I could not let Memorial Day weekend pass without making a point of taking the time out to give thanks to those men and women who gave their lives so we may live free. It seems fitting that as our summer kicks off and we focus our attention on spending more time enjoying the company of friends and family that we should stop and take stock in how fortunate we are to have the liberty to do so. On Monday, at 3pm, we pause as a nation in a collective moment of remembrance and thanks. I may not have known each one personally, but I carry in my soul a profound understanding of their supreme sacrifice and my unending gratitude.

3 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

Well said, Jess. It's incredible the freedoms we have and the sacrifices made to defend and keep them. Happy Memorial Day.

the higgins family said...

I so appreciate your patriotism. You remind me to pause and remember.

Pop Pop Giorgio said...

Jessica,
Very thoughtful and heartfelt comments.
Pop Pop