"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ryan Did Have Fun on Vacation...We All Did!

It has been brought to my attention that my last post regarding our vacation cast Ryan in a negative light. I meant for it to be a light hearted take on his seemingly constant "challenging" behavior during this trip. While he wasn't the model child (and what 4 year old is?) he did have fun. We ALL had fun. It was a very successful, happy and memorable vacation. I certainly do not want to leave you all with the impression otherwise.

Here's the proof, smiling faces:

















**He is a great kid and I love him madly. While I find parenting him to more of a challenge than all 3 families I nannied for combined, I wouldn't change a thing about him. I'm thrilled he's so intelligent as to challenge my authority. He feels deeply and thinks deeply and I'm very proud to be his mother!

6 comments:

me, dummy said...

sigh....

i also love my little devils madly but i fully intend to continue to complain about them. i think i would've hated you if you'd told me the whole trip was totally relaxing and fun because then i'd be too jealous to like you.

Rita Jr. said...

cute...CUTE....C-U-T-E!

denise, the honey crew said...

i never doubted that this vacation was fabulous....and exhausting! these pics are just more proof of a fun vacation.

those boys are adorable, i especially like that first one of the 2 of them!

Indivero Family said...

I never doubted that you had a wonderful vacation. I know Ryan is a bit dramatic at times but he is the greatest kid. I love spending time with him and watching his mind work, he is so intelligent.

I think if you ask any mom of a 4 year old how their vacation was they would have several stories of complete meltdowns.

Ask me on Monday how walking Boston with a 4 year old was. I'm sure i'll need a vacation from my weekend.

the higgins family said...

I think we all understood where you were coming from. It goes without saying that you love your child and that you had fun...but this is a forum for being real about life and not pretending that everything all goes perfect all the time. I prefer the original version but I love the pictures of this one!

Debra Jean said...

It was a lot of fun, PLUS Ryan told us all about Skinny Cow...several times...to the point that I went out and bought a box when we returned from vacation. Know what? He was right!