"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Monday, September 22, 2008

I Still Like Ya!


Seven years ago today, Rob and I exchanged vows to spend the rest of our lives together. It was a GREAT day and we agree that it went too fast and we'd love to do it all over again. Aside from the celebration, we also agree that choosing each other to spend our remaining days together is and has been the best choice we could have made.

Rob is my best friend. Who ever said that this is a corny sentiment not to be considered as a prerequisite for marriage has no idea what they were talking about. It is an absolute necessity that you marry someone who wants to talk, listen and share (as friends do). He is a hard worker, a great provider, loyal to those he believes in which cultivates a lot of loyalty to him. He's a beyond fantastic father who vocally marvels at how magnificent our boys are. He loves me completely, despite my many shortcomings. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man. So, this week I will post a "getting to know Rob" post as a tribute to the man I love and admire.






I'm still as interested and eager to hear what he thinks as I was the day I met him. He's got a "big brain" (shout out to Emily). That's sexy! And he says the same of me...he values my opinion.



We married on Betsy's birthday. In the picture (left), Rob makes sure everyone knows she generously shared her day to be with us. Thanks, B! Happy Birthday!
*
Rob, I love you more and more every year...and frankly, I don't even know how that is possible, my heart and life are full and happy because of you. All these years and two kids later and I still like ya!

9 comments:

me, dummy said...

happy anniversary! and i have to be a girl for a minute and say i love your wedding dress! you should wear it today...to the grocery store and to pick up the kids. now that's a statement.

Anonymous said...

Well, Jessica, this is a wonderful expression of your relationship with my son.
Now....you've said enough nice things about Rob! Memo to all readers: feel free to contact me for choice anecdotes of the 'old' Rob (circa ages 13 to 19). Oh, boy!
Seriously, you guys are perfect for each other. As parents and in-laws, we couldn't be happier. And to have given us the most incredible grandsons? Perfect!
Pop Pop

the higgins family said...

i think it's a lot easier to love someone than like them. the second you are in true "like" with someone it's the real deal. you guys are special to us...happy 7th!!! xoxox-b

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, rob & jess. and many more beautiful years to come. congrats!!!!!

terrye wilkes said...

I think you both are wonderful and exactly right for each other. Happy Anniversary!

denise, the honey crew said...

congrats!!!! i look forward to "getting to know rob" this week...

Rita Jr. said...

woohoo!

Anonymous said...

The forward, epilogue and plenty of crap in between my dad's anecdotes will be written by ME! Thank GOD those years are over! OVer the years, my brother and I have both grown closer, and have found new ways to blow up at each other....... But, in the end, I know who the "real" person is.....And that is why he exists in his current incarnation on this earth! One thing I always say is that both my siblings have had the seemingly uncanny ability to have found their true counterparts! Thank GOD they both married for all of the right reasons!

pd3 said...

Beautiful post and Giorgous family...i meant gorgeous..ha ha