"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jesus v. Darth Vader


Why does this crack me up? No, really, please tell me. It seems so wrong. While shopping on Amazon for Christmas, I came across the "Deluxe Jesus Action Figure" set, complete with vat to that turns water into wine AND fish AND loaves. Alone, I started howling with laughter. Action figures in my house are a BIG deal and battle the forces of evil on a daily basis. How confused would Ryan be if I bought this "action" figure (he's well versed as he attends a Methodist preschool)? How would Jesus do battle? Is he Old Testament...an eye for an eye? Or New... turn the other check? Star Wars does have religious parallels. How would Jesus handle Darth Vader when pressed to battle in my livingroom? Very important and urgent philosophical questions afloat in my mind this morning.
*
If you're interested, Jesus can be bought...for a mere $11.25 on Amazon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how it is labeled as "deluxe". So, then what's the basic version? Jesus with just a loin cloth and a wine soaked sponge?

me, dummy said...

SHUT UP! that's seriously the funniest thing i've seen in a long time. what is wrong with people?

Rita Jr. said...

Wow...i wonder if the fishes and loaves multiply? That would save BIG on grocery bills!

Anonymous said...

anything to make a buck. this is so funny.

the higgins family said...

i don't even know what to say to this one. i mean, is it for christians or atheists? it's just so complex. and, agreed, if the fish and loaves DO multiply i might be in. fish is REALLY good for you.

Anonymous said...

For the first time since I've been reading your blog, Jessica, I'm at a loss for words. Actually, no I'm not...I'll be this stuff is selling in Alaska!
Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

jess- i showed this to a lady that i work with because i knew her son would love it, he collects weird ass shit like this. she said she thinks she is going to buy it for him, so i will tell you what it really looks like in person and if the fish and loaves indeed do multiply.....

Anonymous said...

Compared to Mattel’s Gangsta Bitch Barbie, which is a huge hit in West New York, I have to pick the guy with the beard. The poor Alaskans! They are so un-enlightened. I guess they can't get their hands on a New York Times to read whilst they dump in their out-houses. (Music from Deliverance playing in the background).

Alaska - ever been?

Anonymous said...

Two words:
Sarah Palin.
Case closed.

The Giorgios said...

Let's us all not forget in the LOVELY exchange about Alaska two more words: Ralph Longmire (whom I love)!!! Case Closed!

And for that matter, DO NOT get me started on the rats that scurry New Jersey sniffing out the money that feeds my family. You want to compare states? Really?