"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Thursday, November 6, 2008

SpongeBob & Ninja Pants

Ryan was a "Muscle Ninja Warrior" and acted the tough part while in garb. Tristan was SpongeBob (obviously) and was not happy about the costume...at all. It's just SOOOO fun to see how excited Ryan gets. It brings the same feeling I felt as a kid back to the surface and I love reliving those feelings through my kids. Halloween has always been one of my favorite "holidays." On to Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Wait....do you hear that? Listen. Ohhhh, it's me blowing my own horn. Rob and I carved pumpkins together. Yes, it's supposed to be a family bonding moment, but since we wouldn't let Ryan wield a knife, he lost interest and left. Regardless, Rob and I did a great job together and I'm pretty pleased with us.






**Now, we did carve these, but I confess, the patterns came from the internet. We're not THAT creative.

10 comments:

the higgins family said...

the kids are cute as expected...now the pumpkins....WOW, WOW, WOW! they look awesome! great job...especially love the first one.

Rita Jr. said...

okay - WOW is right! WOW!

i love the quote.

i love the costumes.

and i love those pumpkins! good job you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ryan is the reincarnation of Fight Guy. Tristan looks about as happy as a kid inside a sponge can look. Wish I could have been there to see them in person.

Love,

--Gramma

me, dummy said...

okay, i'm starting to freak out. henry and ryan had the same costume this year.

Anonymous said...

great costumes. also pumpkins are incredible, you guys are crafty in NJ.....

Indivero Family said...

Love the costumes. Tristan looks as happy to be a sponge as Talan was that I stuffed him into a superman bag.

The pumpkins look amazing. Our sadly only made it a few short hours as the ballsy squirrels in our neighborhood ate them.

the higgins family said...

okay - i cannot stop looking at tristan in that costume. i want him to wear when he sees me from here on out...it's beyond fabulous. i'm back on tonight just to see it again!

denise, the honey crew said...

they are adorable. sponge bob is priceless!

the pumpkins leave me speechless!

Anonymous said...

As always, I love my lil' buddies more than anything else I can think of..... I like the last pumpkin the most. You're too honest! I would have totally bought that you did those free hand.....

P.S. I am waiting for my Reeses.

pd3 said...

ok these are the best pumpkin carvings i've ever seen!!! great job