"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Monday, June 8, 2009

Tristan Is 2 Years Old!

Yesterday, Tristan turned 2 years old. As we all know too well, they really do grow so fast and Rob and I are still in shock at how quickly 2 years has gone.
Here are some interesting things about 2 year old Tristan:
  • His favorite books are "Where is Baby's Belly Button" by Karen Katz and "Thank You God" by P.K. Hallinan.
  • His favorite song to sing is "I Know A Chicken"
  • His favorite song to hear in the car and sing along to is "We Will Rock You" by Queen
  • He can count to 10, credit for which goes to his Daddy who plays a lot of hide-and-seek with him.
  • For a two year old, he talks quite well. Only six months ago we were singing his praises for using 3 word sentences, now he speaks in much fuller, longer and descriptive sentences. We really enjoy this!
  • His favorite phrase, "I can do it myself!"
  • He's mischievous and can find trouble quite easily, but really out of curiosity.
  • Like his big brother Ryan, he's very outgoing and talks to people wherever we go.
  • Jumping, running and skipping are favorite moves and he rarely walks anywhere anymore.
  • He's Daddy's boy. Daddy is the first person he asks about every morning.
  • Ryan is his hero.
  • He's a hugger and loves to snuggle and kiss about 100 times a day.
  • He still uses a paci and the purple one is his favorite...and we only have ONE purple paci.
  • He loves Sesame Street on which the Count is his favorite (really driving home that counting to 10 thing).
  • His favorite toy is whatever Ryan is playing with.
  • His favorite friend is his buddy Wil.
I get choked up just thinking about how much I love him (both my boys) and how much richer a life we have with him in it. He's a happy child who clearly has a kind and tender soul. I could not imagine my life without him, nor do I ever care to be tested so. I would break.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Tristan! You're pure joy!

6 comments:

Uncoo Michoo said...

I am in LOVE with this kid. He is truly an angel. Extremely sweet and loving, and just a joy to be around. He was so happy and fun during his birthday, and really made the day incredibly enjoyable. His big smile just makes you melt. We are all so lucky to have Tristan and Ryan. They are very very special, for different reasons. Ryan is just fascinating. I predict he will use his mind and/or creativity in some substantial way. Tristan is going to be a care giver of some kind; hopefully a doctor. I have noticed more than once how in a group setting including both him and Ryan, Ryan will laugh at a situation and crave it to go further...Tristan's smile temporarily goes into shocked concern, on the chance that the subject at hand (me or another child) is hurt in some way. Once he's sure that it is only a joke, he joins in laughing again. If he senses that you are feeling bad, he will come over and show concern, hugging or kissing or resting his head on you. It is for this exhibition of caring and concerned behavior that I see Tristan being led by heart and spirit. I am a HUGE fan of my lil' buddies.

Uncoo Proud Michoo said...

and his taste in music is impeccable. I am burning copies of all my Queen CD's for him.

Pop Pop Giorgio said...

I could not agree more with Uncoo Michoo's comments. Tristan is pure gold...right up to his blond locks.
He and Ryan are the most wonderful things that have happened to us in our later years. They are always on our minds and always our top priority.
Rob and you have done wonderful things with them. Someday, they're going to make you very proud.
Pop Pop

me, dummy said...

happy birthday tristan!!!! he really is adorable...i feel the same way about my baby (about to be FOUR). boys are good things.

Rita Jr. said...

Very, very sweet.

the higgins family said...

There is nothing better, for me, that seeing the friendship develop between the most awesome Tristan and Wil. I love your kid(s) and am so happy we get to watch them grow together. Happy Birthday Old Man! I love you...Aunt Betsy