"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Thursday, December 3, 2009

Incomplete: Personal Anthem

This is another music share. My reminder that I am and my life is continuously evolving. The song causes me to relax and just be the best I can in the moment, taking life in right now rather than dreaming about a "better" me in the future. Enjoy!
"Incomplete"
One day I'll find relief
I'll be arrived
And I'll be friend to my friends who know how to be friends
One day I'll be at peace
I'll be enlightened
And I'll be married with children and maybe adopt
One day I will be healed
I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy
I have been running so sweaty my whole life
Urgent for a finish line
And I have been missing the rapture this whole time of being forever incomplete
One day my mind will retreat
And I'll know God
And I'll be constantly one with her night dusk and day
One day I'll be secure
Like the women I see on their thirtieth anniversaries
I have been running so sweaty my whole life
Urgent for a finish line
And I have been missing the rapture this whole time of being forever incomplete
Ever unfolding
Ever expanding
Ever adventurous
And torturous
And never done
One day I will speak freely
I'll be less afraid
And measured outside of my poems and lyrics and art
One day I will be faith-filled
I'll be trusting and spacious authentic and grounded and home
I have been running so sweaty my whole life
Urgent for a finish line
And I have been missing the rapture this whole time of being forever incomplete

3 comments:

Rita Jr. said...

I like this post a lot...great share

the higgins family said...

fabulous! i have not heard that song...there's something in those words for all of us.

Anonymous said...

A personal anthem, if chosen well, helps introduce one to others without the inconvenience of actually having to meet. Electronic friends are all the rage now, but I prefer the flesh and bone kind, who think they know me well enough to like me. Hugs are part of these relationships. E-hugs (virtual hugs) just lack something: Warmth, substance, relativity (space/time) and reality.

My personal anthem would be the national anthem, if it were "America" instead of the National Anthem. A National Anthem should introduce the Nation in a way that represents it's core values, brings its citizens together in song that can actually be sung. Hearing the Star Spangled Banner sung well always brings tears of pride, and empathy, to my eyes. It is after all MY National Anthem and belting out some of those notes, well, that's just gotta hurt.

If I had a personal anthem, it probably would be "An American Tune" by the Starland Vocal Band. It fits me today and maybe our Nation for the next three years.