"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Thursday, February 5, 2009

While Emily Was Away Yachting It Up, I...

...did the ever so glamorous work of cleaning my kitchen floor (among other life changing things like food shopping, diaper changing, dishes, but this particular activity approached nirvana). It's so fun and rewarding to clean white tile day in and day out. I just love it! I'm sure I had more fun than Emily on her yacht vacation. Yeah, I know I did. Look at how happy and fulfilled I am to lovingly provide clean floors for my children to spill juice on and then walk through leaving sticky foot prints that will surely gather hair and dirt and food until the spots turn black or traps a small animal. Now, THIS is is livin'! Who needs a private yacht vacation when you can clean your floors? I know, it's like velvet sliding smoothly off your lips, right? I'll say it again, clean your floors. Wow, I get goosebumps! Don't hate me for cleaning my floors. Maybe one day you can clean your floors too. It's not a luxury so out of reach, really. You just have to want it bad enough.Oh, and thanks to Tristan for walking on the floor I was cleaning. I mean, really, recleaning the floor IS what I live for, afterall.

Welcome home, Emily! Hope it was a great trip!

6 comments:

the higgins family said...

the pictures are priceless! love it!

denise, the honey crew said...

facial expression on first pic cracks me up!

Rita Jr. said...

classic, classic, classic! i love tristan "helping out"...did Ryan take that pic too? he did a good job! so funny...

Anonymous said...

your pics are great. as for ryan, i see photographer in his future.....keep scrubing the floors look great.

me, dummy said...

Haters!!!!! Love you guys, and remember I'll be doing floors while you're in the mountains...does that help? Yeah wouldn't work on me either...

the higgins family said...

Just notice your quote....I am in stitches!!!!!