
My house is totally devoid of "decor", specifically breakables. I suppose I could sit all the live long day and patiently tutor my sons on what not to touch and what to touch, but frankly, I could not be bothered. They are boys, hardwired for destruction and chaos. This is not a judgment on those who take the alternate route of leaving everything in place and setting up the rules as to what can be touched and what cannot...it's your life, things and house. Here's my case for not living in a Better Homes and Gardens Showcase Home:
CLICK HERE
Need I say more?
14 comments:
you could just change the heads on your boys and you'd be at my house. but tristan's still little...wait until he gets bigger and they start to interact more. and by interact, of course i mean run through the house chasing and screaming and throwing things at one another, pausing only for a quick smackdown. where IS my medication...???
when my browser went over to youtube i thought "what are the chances of this video actually being her boys".....and much to my surprise it was!!! they are precious...at least ryan can protect himself and his brother (and you) should a threat be posed!! i've seen worse....and though i don't live with little boys i certainly didn't think twice about the havoc but more about how scrumptous they are....loved the panning of tristan with his sweet little innocent passifier face. thanks for giving us a dose of them!
if ever you feel you need to get away from boys, you can come over to my house and play beauty shop or cinderella (meaning cleaning the kitchen floor with a large bucket of water and towel) or my little pony or mami....you catch my drift and let's face it....medication also required.
those boys are precious!
felt the same way as denise, jess. to see tristan's cute little mug on youtube was great! i know the point of your post but i can't get past their cuteness right now :) they are strong, bright & cute!
ryan is hilarious. what is he DOING? tristan...as always...calmly playing while ry goes bizzzzzzzerk.
i have no idea what to assume wil will be like but he is a higgins boy and stories from sean & ry at that age are...well...enough to institutionalize anyone.
E-Already Ryan is torturing Tristan and blaming him stuff. Trips him when he thinks no one is looking. I can imagine what the future holds...
D-Thanks! They are scrumptious. I actually would welcome an afternoon of beauty shop, but, just like anything, I can only do one form of play for so long, so I feel you on the other side of this. When we finally can get them all our kids together and ying meets yang, will there be peace on earth…Oh, I just made myself laugh…
R-Thanks to you too. I do adore them, even when Ryan is demonstrating he got a little of my families' nutty side...and that, chess aside, he's a pretty normal 4 year old boy...and yes, Betsy, this is normal behavior.
B-Batten down the hatches, plug those outlets with covers, raise the gates, and find a quiet place in your house to hide to pretend you don't hear a thing.
ps B-What is he doing? Well, what it looks like is he's a weirdo beating the sh*t out of the gate, but he's actually a "karate knight getting the bad guys and saving the good people." Make sense now? No? Yeah, that's how I feel, but it did make me laugh. Next, and you've has been a witness to this, I'll catch him on video dancing. Oh, lord, I cry with laughter...on the inside. Outside I'm telling him that he has "rad moves."
OMG i do the same thing when henry and charlie "dance", and i have to put it in quotations because it really looks more like they've been shot with a tranquilizer dart than dancing. there's a lot of lurching and crouching, sometimes with jazz hands. it's BAD...and of course i encourage it. it's official - our kids are VERY caucasian.
These blogs keep getting better and better. Showtime!!!!!!!!!
Ryan is a full-blown riot...and Tristan is the most laid back 1 year old in NJ.
Love it.
Pop Pop
emily - you just threw out "jazz hands"!! it's one of my favorite phrases!!!!!! (and one of sofia's favorite moves!)
both of my kids learned jazz hands from blues clues. i also am a huge fan of the phrase, but there's nothin' manly about it.
OMG, my belly hurts so bad from laughing to much. ry is absolutely adorable, atleast he can play by himself. i was glad to see you got a shot of the last hit to the gate, he wanted to make sure you definetly got that shot, because you know its the last one..... way to cute and tristan adorable. you have beautiful children
Jess-
He is a trip and I love how Tristan is just doing his own thing looking adorable as always.
One question- if he is a ninja saving the good people then where is his (your) ninja headband? :)
p.s.
Had to delete the previous comment... the comment section really needs to have spellcheck.
What do you think little Ryan was thinking all those times he was hitting the gate? Is that everyday you do that. It looks like fun, busy but fun...
Post a Comment