"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 5 of Sick

I've been sick for 5 days. I'd like to exaggerate and say it's been a month because that's how it feels. I haven't been this run down in a very long time.
*
The grass in my yard looks like this:
*
My kitchen floor looks like this:

*
My house looks like this:


*

My baby keeps doing this:


*

I feel like this:




*

My days feel like this:



*
My husband is here (Cincinnati) most of this week:

*
I feel like I'm going to do this:


**Disclaimer: I know Betsy is thinking to herself, "that is not her house." These are not actual pictures of my floor, house, grass or me, I'm way too tired to bother with photo taking. Tristan is the only real photo and it's an old one.

13 comments:

me, dummy said...

there is NOTHING worse than mom being sick. NOTHING. when dad is sick, he just goes to bed and mom picks up the slack. when mom is down, however...oy vey.

and by the way, my floors and house DO look like those pictures most of the time. i was almost feeling better until i found out they weren't really yours. bummer!

feel better, jess. wish i was closer and i'd gladly pitch in!

The Giorgios said...

Feel better, dude. My house really does look like those pictures. Maybe worse. I'm just not in the picture taking mood. Thankfully, I can't smell so if my house stinks too, I don't know it.

So true regarding when Dad is sick. Everything just falls apart when it's me. To boot, I'm taking medicine that's making me spacey and I have to drive Ryan an hour a day to swim camp. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be driving either, but I HAVE to get him out of here or I'd have no peace.

Thanks for the well wishes. I can tell you're the type of person who totally would come over here and help.

Rita Jr. said...

Jess - total bummer. I hope you feel better real soon. I know that can be frustrating...and beyond.

I'd be over there too - with the products off of betsy's blog : )

Be well!

Indivero Family said...

I actually sat here wondering what room that was in your house. I said to myself "did Jess get really bad shag carpet and put sliding doors off her living room?". I really need to get more sleep.

Being that I am close by is there anything I can do?

Nik

The Giorgios said...

Nik-As the mother of a 2 1/2 week old, you are not allowed to come over here. Thanks, though.

the higgins family said...

jess - called you earlier to check on you but got no answer. what can i do to help you? lindsey and kyle are on their way but after lunch i can ditch wil with them and come over to help until i have to take lucy to the doc at 4p. let me know. LOVING YOU so much and wishing you could all move in.

ps: who gives a SH*T about the cleanliness of your house...don't worry about it!!!

The Giorgios said...

Thanks, B. Just visit with your sis. The beginning of my day is the hardest and I'm through it now. Got Ry to and from swim, so from here on out, I'm vegging it. If you run out to the store tomorrow though, I could use formula (every can I buy I say to Tristan, "this is the last can", but I haven't weened him yet...bad).

The Giorgios said...

rita - thanks to you too. I fully admit that I blogged to vent and for some sympathy (since my boys are not going to offer it up).

denise, the honey crew said...

it is perfectly fine on days like this to allow ryan to watch tivo after tivo of his favorite programs. even several dvds are allowed. as for the baby....can you catch a break by putting him in the high chair and letting him eat a box of cheerios? or putting him in his crib with some toys? i better stop...my true colors are starting to shine....

the higgins family said...

jess-hope you start feeling better soon! let us know if you need anything. hope to see you this week!

the higgins family said...

UGH! That comment was NOT from the higgins family...it was from aunt lou, who is LOVING her "aunt duties"
i just wanted to clarify!

the higgins family said...

jess - will be going to the store in the morning and will bring by some formula. good start, right??

Anonymous said...

Dear Jess,
So sorry to hear you're still sick.
Please take care and STOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW THE HOUSE LOOKS! We don't care and, in your condition, neither should you.
Get better soon.
Love ya,
Pop Pop