So this is how the second half of Tristan's party went down. Tristan was tired, so he went to bed early. Most of the guests left, perhaps sensing what was about to transpire and knowing they wanted no part of it. As I told my friend, Nik, (who is 10 mo. pregnant and exempt from attending), I really felt like I had to separate the day into two parts so as to not feel like a crappy Mom. She said that that was what made me a good Mom, that I could do the Mom part and still have a good time with my friends. Man, I hope that's true...cause I still LOVE to have a good time!
.
Prior to the helium balloon harvesting, my brother, Nate (below), came to me after I put Tristan down for the night and said, "have you had anything to drink today?" I told him I had, but just a little. He decided since he was clearly "ahead", that I needed a shot. I agreed. Uhhgg, I agreed to tequila. Why? I'll never know. Anyway, that's how it began.
Some time and conversation goes on...a little later...
...of this. Oh, my stomach just turned.
That's right, Rob, let Master Jager work his "magic."
Now I think I'm a photographer and that this is art. Truly, I was so pleased with this picture that I insisted everyone look at it. I should have gone to bed right here, this point in the day.
GQ? or Holding the house up?
I know this guy (Mike Monica) well and I'm sure we DO NOT want to know what he is thinking!
My little brother, Craig, 15, was sober (as he should have been and having been pregnant twice I know how much it sucks to be the only one in a crowd of drunks), and SURELY should not have been a witness to much of the evening.
Ralph's (my stepdad) appeal for peace made Mike Crudello consider kicking his ass?
Alright, I had bought glow-in-the-dark necklaces for the kids, but forgot to hand them out. It's just as well, how would Nathan have treated us to his own personal rave? He was in the zone...alone. Thoroughly entertaining, Nathan, thanks!
Doritos...they make everything better after a serious rave...





If this is what you see, it's time for bed. It was, and I did.
8 comments:
You are a GREAT Mom and are becoming quite the photo journalist I might add :)
I would have been the one sitting there along with Craig with my mouth watering (as it has been for most of this pregnancy) for alcohol. We will have to have a 4th of July party or something so I can get hammered, only 2 days to go.
Oh and by the way, I moped my kitchen floor last night, cleaned behing my toilet today and put out the non decorative towels.
Looks like you had a good time...much deserved!
i am no longer on speaking terms with mister jager. we don't get along. truth be told, just looking at that bottle made me black out for a few seconds and i think i threw up a little.
GOOD TIMES. you're twice the man i am. and as for art...i'm no critic, but i'd say it started out strong and then by the end was more psychedelic than anything. lucky for you, i'm into that. highly entertaining.
well we got one pic of you (in the background again). wish i could have been having a good time along side SANS MISTER JAGER!!! i personally liked the cry for peace from the step dad!
Denise-Not that I'm encouraging you to, but if you click on the picture it will blow it up...and then you'll wish you hadn't. -J
Jessica,
I'm tired just from looking at these pics. FYI, We were home in Morris Plains and I was in bed by 10.
I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. You deserved it.
But I'm sure I felt a lot better than you on Sunday morning!
Very Old Pop Pop
hee hee - i did and love the facial expression!
Post a Comment