"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Monday, June 23, 2008

What Came First...


..the chicken, the egg, ...or the German?
This morning while eating eggs for breakfast, Ryan turned to me and says, "Do you know where eggs come from?" I said that I did and then turn the question back to him. "Do you know where eggs come from?" Now, I fully expected him to say chickens. Instead, he very matter-of-fact-ly says, "Yeah, Germans."
.
"Oh?" I say, trying hard not to burst into uproarious laughter.
.
"Yes, they are really good at making things. They make eggs for all of us to eat. Isn't that nice?"
.
"How do they make them?" I question.
.
"Oh, I don't know!" he says, eyes wide. "It's science stuff, that's why Germans do it."
.
"I thought eggs came from chickens" I say.
.
"Eewww, Mommy, no. That's disgusting."
.
Well, I want him to eat his eggs, so I did not tell him that they do, in fact, come from chickens. But, being of German blood, I also do not mind if he thinks Germans are so wonderful that they can engineer eggs! They probably can!

5 comments:

the higgins family said...

kids say the darndest things....

it's wild really what their brains come up with. i love this!

Rita Jr. said...

That is so CUTE! Learn something new every day - i had NO idea the Germans made eggs. 'course i never look under each one when i take it out of the carton to use it - does it say "made in Germany?" on the bottom of each egg?? ;)

Love how kids' minds work...

me, dummy said...

hilarious! wouldn't you just love to plug in and swim around in their little brains sometimes?

Anonymous said...

My Little Bug (Ryan's nickname for those of you not aware) is too cute. What an inventive and interesting mind. Love ya, Bug!
Pop Pop Giorgio

Indivero Family said...

You just never know what he may come out with next.