
Denise is hosting a summer salad exchange via her blog. I love this idea!
The recipe I'm posting, Broccoli-Bacon Salad, is my absolute favorite. It's ancient and you've probably had it or passed over it at you great-aunt Edna's. It's not beautiful, but so delicious. AND, it has bacon. What's better than bacon? Nothing, I tell you, nothing! See, my husband doesn't like bacon. I know, that's the same look I had on my face the first time I learned of this tragic flaw in an otherwise fantastic guy. That I married him anyway truly is a testament to how much I love him. Through the years I've figured out that he'll eat it IN things without complaint. The absence of bacon in my life has caused an obsession with finding recipes that call for it. This one calls for a whole pound...glorious!
Enjoy!
Broccoli-Bacon Salad
2 large bunches of broccoli, cut up in florets
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 Cup Red Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar
1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
4 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1. Blanch broccoli for one minute in boiling water. Remove and plunge in ice bath. Remove and dry.
2. Combine broccoli, onions, cheddar and BACON.
3. Dressing: Mix mayo, sugar and vinegar. Pour over the salad and mix. Chill at least 1/2 hour.
**Some versions of this call for raisins...but why? To make it healthy? That's what the broccoli is for.
2 comments:
honestly this is one of my absolute faves! in fact, i almost used it as my summer salad...and, just so you know, the recipe came to me from my great-aunt faye. hilarious...and YUM. (oh yes...and rob & bacon will mystify me for an eternity.)
yum! i love bacon!!! i will for sure be making this this summer! thanks for participating :-)
Post a Comment