Happy Mother's Day! I have heard it said and have since repeated it that you do not love you parents more than when you become a parent yourself! Wow, that's so true. For this occasion, I must say that I have never loved my mother more. Having two children of my own has brought my respect for my mom to new heights. When Nathan and I were kids, my mom worked for the Army, sculpted and painted her own nails (changing the color to match the next days outfit), baked her own bread, packed and unpacked us over our countless moves across the globe and still found time to read (her passion). She also never slept, but she always says that sleep, although necessary, is a waste of time. I've never had her energy level. Even now she flies off to Jordan and Oman for business trips and then, upon return will get up at O'dark-thirty to drive up here to see her grandchildren ( a four hour drive one way). I, on the other hand, will take my son to school when I'm dressed in sweatpants, a baseball cap, and not a lick of make-up (a cardinal Debra no-no, Mom always puts make-up on before going out) and try not to breathe out when talking to someone since, in my panicked rush to get out the door on time, I forgot to brush my teeth. Gross! This doesn't happen often, but it has happened and it's in those moments that I wonder how my Mom managed sanity. Anyway, thanks Mom! I love you!
In other Mother's Day news, Ryan made me a card that I love so much I have to share it with you all.
Front: That red thing is my cape!
Inside: Am I blogging too much because my house is not spotless.
4 comments:
you are simply one of the best mothers i know. i cannot make it any more plain than that. i am glad to know and learn from you. much love, betsy
ps: that card is fantastic. absolutely wonderful!
LOVE the red cape! you are super mom! love the fill in the blank answers! love these kinds of classroom activities....hilarious, innocent, refreshing!! hope you had a fab day yesterday!
Dear Jessica: You look fabulous in a red cape...very stylish. It is so gratifying to know that you feel about me the way Ryan feels about you. Believe me...someday you'll be looking at Ryan the Grown-Up the same way I look at you...with pride in the fine person you've become. By the way, my energy level is flagging, but I still think sleep is a waste of time! Love, --Mom
Post a Comment