
I know optimism can be annoying, but it's how I get along in this world. The up side must be found to make sense of the ridiculous. So, with gas prices on everyones mind, I have to say that I'm actually happy that gas prices are finally on everyones mind.
Since the 70's a small pack of people have been screaming into the vacuum of space that we needed to do something about our oil consumption...hello? Since the 70's!!! Probably before that. Where's the up side? I pray (yeah, and I don't pray) that the reality of this has finally sunk in to the consciousness of the masses and we do something about it. There are so many alternatives to invest in...let's get on with it already. Why do we have to have an fatal accident at an intersection before we put in traffic lights?
**picture lifted from EH's blog...thanks unknowing supplier)
4 comments:
i am with you on this. it takes getting hit by a horse & buggy before you realize that maybe you should've been paying attention all along. (analogy courtesy: my life)
good luck with ry at the doc. let me know what he says.
i am THRILLED that you are moving the quote along with the post. love it!
Jessica, Dear,
Send this to Cheney. He's the guy responsible for our oil policy/strategy, which he kept behind closed doors in the early 2000's...and is, to this day, still secret!
This country has finally gotten a wakeup call and it's about time we begin SERIOUSLY developing alternative energy strategies.
The cost of fuel is not going down. There's too much demand now, with countries like China and India emerging as major oil users.
Our own automobile manufacturers share some of the blame, as do we as consumers.
my blog is your blog - lift away!
Post a Comment