"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Monday, May 5, 2008

Dude, Wake Up!

This morning I had to go in to get Ryan out of bed. This is a growing trend for him. He likes to just lay in bed awake in the morning. A boy after my own heart. Unfortunately for Ry, today was a school day, so I had to get him up. When I went in and said, "wake up sleepy head," he responded to me with, "Dude, I don't want to, but I will because I'm a man." I held in my laughter since it was clear that he was dead serious and congratulated him on his wise and mature choice.

Then, when getting in the car to go to school, he said to me, "I've decided to be a superhero rather than a regular boy." I responded, "good luck with that, but you should know that I like you as a regular boy." He smiled and I felt like a good mom.

It has been brought to my attention that my blog is often a bit heavy which runs counter to my outward persona. My angers, frustrations, sincerity and sap are for my children. And in return, they remind me that happiness is in the simplest of moments...my daily wake up call.



3 comments:

the higgins family said...

this is awesome! a perfect story that perfectly represents you & little ry. love you -b

ps: love that pop-pop has finally been featured!

Indivero Family said...

I'm not sure if its the hormones or what but I started out reading this and laughing and now I am a crying blubbering mess.

I love Ry stories.

Nik

denise, the honey crew said...

i love your quick wit to say that you prefer him as a regular boy. i just love that!