"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer





Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pavlov's...Baby?

We have two gates on either end of our living room to keep Tristan in. He HATES this. He hates it so much, in fact, that just hearing the gates close cause him to erupt in frustrated tears. Doesn't matter where he is in the room or who is with him in the room. It's not a matter of being alone, but one on knowing he's still stuck in the damn living room.

If I must be out of the room (and obviously I do), he stands at the gates and cries...the entire time. Ahhhh..... At least (God willing) he'll have an aversion to being behind bars so maybe it's good conditioning...Pavlov anyone?

7 comments:

the higgins family said...

okay - that just made me laugh out loud and you know how much i needed that! poor kid...i hate to see him crying but(did you ever think you'd say this...)it's for his own good. :)

LOVE the giorgio calender thing addition. LOVE that.

the higgins family said...

ps: all comments from aunt lou are from my sister. she LOVES your blog and thinks it is HILARIOUS. (caps are direct quotes from her) so, she says she's commented a few times and didn't know if it a) worked or b) you saw them. i told her i'd let you know.

The Giorgios said...

Yes, I have seen her comments. Thanks Aunt Lou!! I guess the down side for the commentee is that they don't get comments about their comments...goodness this comment stuff is complicated.

Bring on the comments! I think I might literally live for them.

the higgins family said...

i can assure you that i live for the comments.

denise, the honey crew said...

this is funny. i can just imagine him playing and perfectly content then (foreshadowing music) the click of the gate....eruption of a meltdown!!!

you are right though....maybe with these experiences his future will not see him behind bars!

Anonymous said...

Ah, poor little Tiger Tank! What mean parents! Only kidding, sweetie!
Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

Poor Lil' Buddy Too. I want to give him chocowate cake and save him.